SKM FURNITURE WARRANTY
SKM provides this warranty (“Warranty”) for its products that have been purchased in Australia. This Warranty is subject to the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“Australian Consumer Law”). The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale.
Dust, dirt and perspiration are the main causes of leather damage. Avoid exposure of your product to direct sunlight as direct sunlight may damage the product. All leather and timber must be cleaned and moisturized regularly with appropriate and non-abrasive products. All leather lounges from SKM furniture has a protective coating. Once this breaks down, leather can discolour; or may start to peel off. Cleaning and conditioning the leather regularly keeps this “Tanner’s” coat from breaking down. As leather, wood & glasses are natural products; leather will stretch and may have minor overdone stitches and gets mould over time, wood may have subtle fissures, glass may have scratches and lose its shine; These are not defects and refunds will not be given for leather stretching or the expecting settling of soft filling such as polyester fibre and leather, subtle fissures and dents on wood. The Company shall not be responsible for normal wear and tear, such as surface scuffs and scratches.
Failure to care for your products as per our care guide will result in the forfeiture of your warranty. Warranties are voided if written notice of claim is not received by the Company as soon as reasonably possible after a defect is discovered, if goods are improperly used or installed or fitting instructions not followed, if goods are modified, incorrectly stored, maintained or used, or repairs to the goods attempted by persons not authorised by the Company.
Warranties do no cover commercial use. All furniture must be covered and sheltered from the elements. This warranty is void if you fail to take appropriate care of the leather, and the Customer shall pay any transportation and handling charges for the item under warranty claim.
A warranty claim must be submitted through the Portal within the warranty period.
All goods purchased from SKM FURNITURE come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law except for the items sold in as-is condition.
- In this document:
a. “ACL” means the Australian Consumer Law.
b. “As Is” means a Product sold in the state that is displayed in, including any defects which have brought to your attention.
c. “Manufacturer’s Guarantee” means an express guarantee or warranty provided by the manufacturer of a Product.
d. “Product” means a product sold or supplied by SKM Furniture to You directly as a consumer.
e. “Structure” means the timber frame where the context dictates, it also includes webbing (lower seat foundation) it does not include seat springs, foams in the upper seat foundation nor does it include mechanisms. The term ‘structural’ has a corresponding meaning.
f. “SKM FURNITURE”, “Us” or “Our” means SKM FURNITURE ACN 13169435214.
g. “Tax Invoice” means the tax invoice produced for the purchase of Products.
h. “Warranty” means this warranty against defects for a Product sold or supplied to You by Us.
i. “Warranty Period” means the period described in your Tax Invoice that we warrant your Product will remain free of defects.
j. “You” means the person to whom the Product has been sold or supplied by Us.
- Terms defined in this document have the same meaning when used in your Tax Invoice.
- This Warranty is in addition to all of the rights you have under the ACL or any Manufacturer’s Guarantee.
- SKM FURNITURE warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period described on the back of your Tax Invoice.
- Warranty Periods commence from the date of delivery of goods purchased on your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Warranty, the Warranty Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Warranty Period for the original Product, a further warranty period is not granted.
12 Month Warranty Coverage
SKM FURNITURE covers all furniture whether it be fully assembled or Ready to assemble against defects in materials, manufacture or workmanship for 12 months from date of delivery of goods. Customer acknowledges that the goods are for household use and any commercial, institutional, rental trade or other non-household use voids this warranty. Defects must be reported or claimed within 3 to 5 days of noticing. Issues that are left un reported can cause further damage and will be considered in any claims.
The 12 Month warranty does not cover
· Damage caused as a result of Incorrect assembly.
· Misuse, neglect or abuse of the goods.
· Damage caused from Improper storage.
· Any use of toxic cleaning products that are not specifically recommended for its type.
· Transportation costs
· Fair wear and tear.
· Non reported issues that have escalated from minor to major.
Frame and structural warranties for lounge and Beds furniture
The benefits provided by the guarantees offered below are in addition to the rights and remedies available to you as a consumer under Australian consumer law Structural Warranty: provides coverage for the seat webbing and timber framework.
Warranties are per item sold, not by total invoice. Each item is treated individually. Structural Warranty” means a warranty relating only to the frame or internal structure of a product
The structural warranty does not cover
· Damage caused as a result of Incorrect assembly
· Misuse, neglect or abuse of the goods
· Damage caused from Improper storage
· Any use of toxic cleaning products that are not specifically
· Recommended for its type
· Metal actions, mechanisms and electric motors.
· Transportation costs
· Fair wear and tear
· Non reported issues that have escalated from minor to major
Scope of Warranty
- Unless deemed a MAJOR fault, this Warranty covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Warranty Period.
- The remedies offered under this Warranty are available only to the original purchaser (or beneficiary) of a Product and are not transferrable.
- Where a “Major Defect” in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Warranty Period, we will at your option, replace the Product or repair it or provide a refund for the faulty product.
- Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Warranty Period which:
a. does not constitute a Major Defect; or
b. is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Warranty Period.
we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a refund.
- A Major Defect occurs when:
a. the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
b. the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
c. the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
d. the Product is unsafe.
Scuff marks, fabric pilling, loose stitching, tears to dust covers & small tears, softening of foam, generally will not constitute a Major Defect under this Warranty.
- SKM Furniture’s liability under this Warranty does not extend to:
a. damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
b. damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions. (See SKM Furniture correct product care, correct care is essential to claims made against the warranty)
c. damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
d. breakage or damage to glass, glass tabletops or mirrors; or
e. damage caused by Acts of God; or any physical damage/breakage due to exert pressure.
f. defects in Products sold “As Is” which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
All mattresses have their own warranties as specified on mattress label. Soiled mattresses cannot be inspected or returned due to O.H.S regulations. Mattresses must be turned and rotated on a regular basis, and regular vacuuming and steam cleaning combined with use of mattress protector is recommended. Transport charges applicable for returns after 12 months and disposal of old mattress is not included. Prior to returning a mattress for repair, proof of steam cleaning must be provided due to health and safety regulations. A soiled mattress cannot be handled by our suppliers or staff.
Proof of purchase
When seeking a refund, exchange or to repair a product that you have purchased from SKM Furniture, you must provide us with proof of your purchase. Proof of purchase includes:
• Tax Invoice.
• Receipt or Delivery Note for online purchases. Unfortunately, a confirmation email is not sufficient proof of purchase.
• Finance documentation.
Whilst SKM Furniture will make every effort to locate transaction receipts through our system if you have lost or misplaced your tax invoice, we will only accept a bank or credit card statement if the amount on that statement directly corresponds to the amount for which the product in question was purchased. Multiple item purchases in one transaction will limit our ability to establish proof of purchase.
Defects and Damages
Your entitlement to a refund, repair or replacement for defective or damaged goods is outlined in our warranty document. When a product is assessed as repairable, the product must be returned in clean and hygienic state so our staff can carry out the necessary repairs. In some cases after assessment, upholstered goods will require professional cleaning prior to picking up.