This site is intended for use by persons over the age of 13. No information should be submitted to this website by visitors under 13 years of age.
In general, you can visit the SKM website without providing any personal data. SKM does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or email addresses, unless the individual visiting the website knowingly provides such information. By providing an email address, a user may from time to time receive communications from SKM on our products and services or special offers that may be of interest. At any time, you can unsubscribe from these communications.
WHEN AND HOW WE COLLECT DATA
From the moment you visit our Site, we are collecting data, sometimes you might provide this data by completing a form or setting up an account, otherwise, we might collect the data automatically. We may also collect data when:
- You purchase a gift card for redemption on our Site
- You purchase an online course, webinar, program or service
- You interact with us on social media
- You complete any sign-up forms, landing pages or send us a direct message via social media or an email to any of our nominated emails
- You participate in events, promotions and giveaways or any request for additional data such as customer surveys
- You accept our cookies and other tracking technologies on any device you use to interact with us
- You voluntarily submit your data to us for any reason and any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through the use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and information you provide us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
TYPES OF DATA WE MAY COLLECT (INCLUDING AUTOMATICALLY)
- Contact details (name, telephone, residential, mailing, email addresses, date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests)
- Financial Information (bank details when you are making a purchase)
- Your business name (sometimes)
- Basic information about your business and its history (sometimes)
- Data about the products or services you purchase
- Data that identifies you (your IP address, login, browser type, time zone, browser plugins, geolocation, operating system and version) – we do not link this with any personal Data
- Data on how you use our Site (URL clicks, products and services views, how long you are on our pages and other actions)
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR DATA AND DISCLOSURE
Under data laws, we are only allowed to use your data for specific reasons and where we have the legal basis to do so.
We will use your data for the purposes it was collected and related purposes including:
- To run our Site
- Provide you with products, information and services
- Customer support
- Track your purchase history
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Improve our Site
- Make your experience on our Site more efficient and enjoyable
- Market research e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services
- Provide you with information about events, other products or services or opportunities that may be of interest
- Marketing (with your consent)
- Monitor your compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions
Other information we may collect
We collect anonymous information on website activity. We use this data to evaluate our website’s performance and to improve the content we display to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, we may use third parties to collect statistical data. No Personal Information is collected on these occasions. We may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We share data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate our Site
- Our suppliers and service providers working for us e.g. payment processors
- Our professional and legal advisors
- Third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
- Law enforcement or other government authorities
- Share with third parties who enable us to provide our products and services which may include:
- payment processors such as Eway, PayPal, Quickbooks who may process your payment for any products and services bought from us;
- Social media and analytics such as Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, Pinterest and Google Adwords for purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria;
- Other third parties for processing and holding Data that enable us to ensure you are kept informed of all course information, logins and marketing material, offers, promotions, newsletters, blogs and video training.
- Where we have your consent to do so or otherwise where we are legally permitted to do so.
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profiles. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Integrity, Access and Correction
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect and use is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You can help us keep the personal information we hold up to date by advising us of any changes to your contact details.
If you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send an email to our Privacy Officer (see contact details below) and we will respond to you within 30 days. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests. A handling fee may be payable so that we can obtain the information you require.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your request or complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that any complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Access, Contact and Complaints
If you require further information, wish to access, update or correct your personal information, opt-out from marketing or make a complaint, please contact us at:
The Privacy Officer
U2/673 Marshall Rd, Malaga 6090
All complaints received by the Privacy Officer will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all the circumstances of the complaint. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint.